Portfolio

24 Feb 2011

On a lighter note...

Iron & Wine.


"Tonight, we're the sea and the salty breeze
the milk from your breast is on my lips
and lovelier words from your mouth to me
when salty my sweat and fingertips

Our hands they seek the end of afternoon

My hands believe and move over you

Tonight, we're the sea and

the rhythm there
the waves and the wind and night is black
tonight we're the scent of your
long black hair
spread out like your breath
across my back
Your hands they move like waves over me
beneath the moon, tonight, we're the sea"
- Sea and the Rhythm - Iron and Wine.

There are no words to describe how much I love the songs of Iron & Wine. If you haven't heard them and you're reading this, please just one song. I recommend all and any. I'm lucky enough to be seeing them in Edinburgh in a few weeks time. Would a lovely weekend that will be.

These three are stunning:

"She says wake up it's no use pretending
I'll keep stealing breathing her
Birds are leaving over Autumn's ending
One of us will die inside these arms

Eyes wide open

Naked as we came
One will spread our
Ashes round the yard

She says if I leave before you darling

Don't you waste me in the ground
I lay smiling like our sleeping children
One of us will die inside these arms

Eyes wide open

Naked as we came
One will spread our
Ashes round the yard"
- Naked as we come - Iron and Wine



"Waking before you
I've got a fever and a childish wish for snow
Seems like a long, long time
Since I spun you to this borrowed radio
You pick a place that's where I'll be
Time like your cheek has turned for me
Someday the waves will stop
Every aching old machine will feel no pain
Someday we both will walk
Where a baby made tomorrow is again
Waking before you
I'm like the lord who sees his love though we don't know
Seems like a long, long time
Since I've been above you seen and loved you so
You pick a place that's where I'll be
Time like your cheek has turned for me"
- Someday the waves - Iron and Wine


 "Please, remember me
Seldomly
In the car behind the carnival
My hand between your knees
You turn from me
And said 'The trapeze act was wonderful
But never meant to last'
The clown that passed
Saw me just come up with anger
When it filled with circus dogs
The parking lot
Had an element of danger"
 One of many verses that show exceptional song writing - The Trapeze Swinger- Iron and Wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment